Monday, May 2, 2011

HEALTHY OBESE...If this isn't a true Oxymoron!

When I heard this being muttered out of my dr's mouth, I have to admit I giggled.  OH boy did I giggle.  He looked at me as if I was crazy.  I actually asked him was he crazy. 

According to him everything was pretty good in levels EXCEPT for my iron & my thyroid .....well DUH how about my WEIGHT??  Dang!  He wasn't really that concerned about my blood sugar.  Well I was concerned.  My father is Type II. His sister is Type II and I just found out that my Grandmother(their mother) was Type II and she died in 1998.  Love how family communicate! I am very concerned about it all.  My blood sugar was considered normal, but I am at a HIGH RISK!!! I am trying to really watch the intake of everything I eat my sugar and all unhealthy things.  Honestly it is hard when you are a single mom on a small budget for food. 

If I am HEALTHY OBESE....then so is my daughter. I have mentioned her before...Miss Emily is 11 yo and 145lbs.  I was 14yo @ 145lbs.  So we are doing this together.  I think...NO I KNOW i am teaching my children unhealthy habits.  I NEVER want my children or anyother children to have that TAG in their medical files "OBESE" 

I live in one of the healthist states in the USA.  SO why is there so many Unhealthy and Healthy(still makes me giggle) OBESE people.  I am sorry to say no one wants to admit what is going on in their lives to account for the weight.
I am not wanting to have that in my file anymore.  MY life is active.  i want to be out there with my children running around on the soccer field with Emily, hiking the mountians with Tyler.  Rafting with my friends....or even trying to Kayak...still a fear.  I want to try rock climbing.  I have siblings who want to see me healthy and will do anything to help.  In 2012 we will be doing a 14er....I am so excited.  Never knew my family is so supportive until I took this matter in my own head....NOT my own hands but my own head!!

IT's all in the HEAD!  So when I sit and here and think about what my dr said HEALTHY OBESE  I still giggle!!

SO for all of us HEALTHY OBESE People  start to Change! Start to move even ifit is a little bit at a time...just think about what will happen with your life when you do start.....You will be become HEALTHY!!!

I am just rambling and it seems to be a silly rambling today!  OH its just the HEALTHY OBESE person writing and the HEALTHY person struggling to get through and speak her mind!!





Smile! Make Everyone Wonder what YOU are up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment